! ! ! WARNING : SPOILERS ! ! !
Now, take this with a grain of salt as Latino Review’s name is attached to this one but it looks like potential plot spoilers have come out regarding the Batman vs. Superman movie. I read it first on BleedingCool on Wednesday that plot spoilers were found by Latino Review on a message board posting from NeoGaf from someone that was supposedly fired from the production team for the film. Again, while these are potentially big spoilers, take them with a bit of caution and skepticism, as the source is Latino Review reporting on a message board posting. That being said, the source has been deemed credible and the spoilers have been published.
(Turn back now if you don’t want to know):
• The villians are Lex Luthor and Metallo
• Batman forms a UN type deal to stop Superman from destroying another city
• Aquaman is in it, but not called Aquaman. He’s there because the world engine in the ocean did something to the fish
• Wonderwoman poses as a Wayne Enterprises investor to retrieve an item that belongs to her people.
• Lex Luthor is in the shadows a lot, a manipulator. Not much face time with Superman.
• Robin betrayed Batman at some point, leading to a falling out between them
• The Batcave was super cool looking, and the mobile looked similar to Burton’s
• Lois is investigating Lex.
• Metallo “kills” Clark
• The Daily Planet is bought by Lex Luthor for PR purposes
• At the end Superman is living in exile, and the Justice League is an government approved superhero team.
This is potentially huge news. Lex Luthor has been largely rumored as the main villain for some time but the “confirmation” of Metallo is new. Metallo is cyborg that is a super-weapon used to combat Superman. He was most recently featured on Smallville, played by Brian Austin Green. This leak would fit the idea that the movie is less of a Justice League set-up and more of a sequel to Man of Steel. The villain Metallo is possibly the creation of Lex Luthor. While there are multiple story lines and origin stories for Metallo, one such origin has Metallo as the creation of Luthor and a team of scientists. This is a potential explanation for the dual villain spoiler.
Batman has already been announced as a tired, older Batman weary of the cape and cowl. It fits that he would be working with a UN type board to prevent large scale, super power related events. This would perfectly set-up the Justice League with little difficulty. The involvement of Aquaman and Wonder Woman also sound like small players that simply help to advance the narrative which fits with what little we’ve been officially told about the film.
As WIMIWO recently wrote, the tentatively titled Batman vs Superman has been pushed back it’s release date for undisclosed reasons. It was rumored initially that the delay was due to an injury Ben Affleck had sustained during a ski trip. It was then reported, also seen on WIMIWO, that the delay was due to casting and production reasons tied to the Justice League film that will begin filming directly after Batman vs Superman wraps. With the release date pushed back, it’s unlikely that anything substantive will be released for the film, as they have given themselves more time to work with. It’s also unlikely that these leaks and rumors will be addressed unless the studios request the info be removed from the sites reporting on them. So, again, we play the waiting game.
For all of your Batman vs Superman news, click here for all that WIMIWO knows and be sure to subscribe below for updates and news.